22.1.09

Narcissism

Aka...


For a long time, I refused facebook. I was all about myspace. Then I soon realized that myspace is the Compton of internet relations and was soon converted. However, they all do the same thing, and that is to help you connect with long lost friends, or make new ones, or show off how cool/beautiful/artistic/popular/cultured/etc you are. 

I find that I don't even look at anyone else's page anymore. I just log onto mine, and wonder why no one comments on how beautiful that waterfall was in Hawaii, or how creative my Halloween costume is, then it hit me. Everyone is doing the same thing. No one even looks at what anyone else is up to because they are too concerned with perfecting their profile. And even if they do accidently happen to see through the news feed, it only motivates them to one up you.

Oh, Im the only one guilty of this?

profile.php.jpg Marion Dyer is... embarrassed

8 comments:

Lucy Lybbert said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lucy Lybbert said...

amen hahaha this freakin halarious and so true

Christian said...

I agree but you forgot one important use of facebook: stalking. We all do it don't try to deny it.

alexismunoa said...

well sometimes i like to log on as andrew... that is entertaining. i also enjoy when he changes my profile photo to midge. i also delight in commenting on albums that are like a year old. is that creepy? hm.

anna said...

i check out profiles of people i am really interested in...like, once...when they accept me as their friend. and that is all.

Kjrsten said...

Kjrsten is... a geek for being in her 30's and being on facebook.

Kjrsten said...

whos comment was deleted? and what did it say? was it from the president of facebook?

Kjrsten said...
This comment has been removed by the author.