13.7.09

School is for fools. Part Duece.

So, I almost failed all my classes this semester. Literally.


I have been proud of my straight C's for the past 4+ years. Im continuously uttering the phrase, "It's just (*insert important class)" The point is, it doesn't matter what it is, I will rationalize a reason why I need to go bridge jumping right then, and how my class is irrelevant.


Normally, this is not an issue. At midterms, I was on track for a 2.o. Then I went out of town for 10 days the week before finals, only to forget to turn in several projects, and papers and I didn't take an online exam while I was gone. (I was at Banks Lake. COME ON!)

So I came back to a disaster. I had emails from my teachers asking if I was okay because they hadn't seen or heard from me for a couple of weeks. Well, I turned on my Dyer charm and, that's right, sweet talked my way into a second chance. Now we all know that I am the last person to deserve their saving grace, I did this to myself. Regardless, I think I may even get B's due to their Christian hearts. Boy how I love BYU-Idaho.



*By important class, I know what you're thinking, and no, I do not take Chemistry. Im referring to Sculpture or Canoeing or something.

7 comments:

Keirra Dyer said...

ha, ha! "miriam"...you are awesome...we would have hated banks without you!!! No one dances better than you!

Leah said...

Yes, sometimes I feel like I am attending "pretend college" versus "real college" for how easy my teachers are on me sometimes. Makes me nervous for grad school (aka REAL school).

barret said...

yes.
dyer "charm".
did raquel teach us that?

i doubt it,
she DID all her papers.
i don't think she needed the charm.

but i'd still like to think she taught it to us.

Quinn the Eskimo said...

As much as I love you all, I'm going to have to disagree with the "pretend college" idea and throw out the suggestion that it has more to do with "pretend majors."
Talk to any biology, physics, chemistry, engineering, accounting or economics majors and I promise you their professors wouldn't let this kind of behavior slide.
I'm not saying this to be self-righteous. I was a communication major, which is the ultimate if you want to learn a bunch of cool stuff that nobody will ever want to pay you to do. But I did take some hard classes for my minor, and if you ask anyone who has taken organic chemistry if BYU-I is easy, I think you'll gain some different perspective.
Let's be honest, isn't a rec major learning more by doing outdoor activity than they would be in a classroom anyway? :D

alexismunoadyer said...

yeah our fire would not have survived without your rec skillzzzzzz. and lets face it my bro woulda fallen off steamboat if it weren't for your guidance.

the craig i know said...

oh marion! how i love you. =)

anna said...

don't ever underestimate the power of a dyer! DYERS RULE!

raquel never would sluff midterms. nor would she even dare ASK for a second chance. she would take her stripes. because that's what good, honest, people do...er, uh, i mean, what petersons do.