5.11.09

90's Marion

Meet 90's Marion.
(She's the one holding the basket with the very live bunny)



She is like no one you have met before, or maybe she is like every 8 year old that is the baby of the family. She hated everything, including but not limited to: anything that might hurt, being teased by brothers, going to the mall, blow drying hair, and chicken. She often wore a side pony tail with a frown on her face. Of course the bottom lip would be protruding to emphasize sadness. In 2nd grade she was assigned to write down what her favorite things were. She wrote, "eating ice cream, being sad and rollerblading." (she added rollerblading because she thought she should have something active on there, but in truth, she hated being active.) Although it didn't quite make the list, she really liked horses and had posters of them on her walls from the Scholastic book fair.


I don't know when 90's Marion died, but sometimes I miss her... but mostly I don't.

13 comments:

andrew said...

90's mare lives on in all of us. but if you really want to know when she died i'd say around 2003.

alexismunoadyer said...

I'm so sad I never met her. I need ice cream.

Britt said...

All I can see is hands in the air and a frown and I smile.

Keirra Dyer said...

I love ALL the marions! ;) Especially the one in gold pants....oh..keeps me smiling even still

Quinn the Eskimo said...

I think robot Marion edges out sexy pirate Marion as my all-time favorite

anna said...

i love scholastic book fairs.

barret said...

i liked 90s marion.
we were only cousins then.
now that you are ______ marion
we are cousin-friends-ex wife/husband.
it is much better here, in this place.

soon we will be cousin-friend-neighbors.

oh time please hurry.

Kjrsten said...

i like 90's marion's bangs. They are so edgy.

Casual Businessman said...

I knew 90s Mare for a while. She was also a funny smarty-pants and laughed a lot.

anna said...

if i recall, casual Biz man called 90's mare "useless facts mare?" no?

anna said...

kjrst, that was the beginning of indie mare.

alexismunoadyer said...

how did the sunset ward sister missionaries get in this picture?

Andrew Robert said...

where'd mom get those football pads?