25.1.10

Star Gazing

Many of you know that this is the season for the Sundance Film Festival here in Utah. This is the week where movies, parties and celebs take over Park City. I am yet to experience the hubbub of the hustle and bustle. My roommates on the other hand, drove up the canyon on the first night to get in on the action. They ended up seeing one of the Hills characters, and have been dazed since.

I don't really understand the hype, but then I think about the first time I saw Hugh Grant. Let's first address that out of all the celebrities in the world, I've seen like 2 in real life, and I happened to see one of them twice. My first encounter was in Europe of all places. I was in 7th grade, and we happened to hear about the premier for Mickie Blue Eyes. I stood in a crowd of hundreds of people and balanced on tippy toes to catch a glimpse of the dreamy romantic comedy star. I was beyond excited. We girls were giggling and laughing the whole way back to the tube, as if Hugh had givin us his number, or even winked at us specifically.

[A little secret about me is if I am excited about something, I get louder. Which is probably why I was always getting busted for talking in class, even though it was Brittany Coughran gettin me goin.]

So there I was, on my celebrity high, when one of our chaperones snapped, "Marion, calm down! It's not even that cool."

And from then on, I lost my fascination in movie stars.

2 comments:

anna said...

i once saw matthew broderick in NY. he was so short and unattractive i was disappointed. that's not even cool!

InYourBoat said...

I was with you when you saw him