15.4.10

Gum Chewers

I didn't chew gum for close to 5 years. This is because I have Bum-Jaw Syndrome (TMJ) and it used to cause incredible pain. Due to my withdrawal, I spent those 5 years talking myself out of the temptation to chew. After a while, I realized how disgusting gum chewing is. I mean, you have the same particle in your mouth for hours at a time, often times to mask something that should just be washed out, and it is usually disposed of in a despicable manor ie, under desks, onto side walks or swallowed to sit in your belly for 7 years. Sometimes we want to save it for later, so we'll put it on the edge of our plates or behind the ear, like in Willy Wonka. It's all nasty, and yet it's totally acceptable.

Since, I have started chewing again. But only a half a piece at a time. (It's all my little mouth can take).

Today, I spit my gum onto a cross walk. I hate myself.

3 comments:

emma grace said...

i always swallow my gum even though it is bad for me it stays in there for 7 years????? scary... whatever

Vickie said...

I've heard that doesn't sit in there for 7 years. I've heard that it just passes through you, like corn. I swallow my gum, but only when I don't have a piece of paper to put it in while i find a trashcan. I don't chew gum very often though I also suffer from bum jaw syndrome!

anna said...

GUM is the only way i can get macrae to behave himself at the grocery store. he will be good for a full hour just knowing there is a shiny piece of bubblegum at the end of checkout.