6.9.10

Tell us a story!!!!

I went camping a month ago with my nieces ages 7 & 8. After settling into our sleeping bags, they begged, "Mare tell us a story!" "Yeah! One from when you were little!" I couldn't think of one, and I was tired, but they kept probing me and giving me ideas. So I thought and I thought and I told them a dumb story from my childhood. When I was done, they compared it to stories about them and asked for more. Pretty soon, I didn't need too much coaxing, and I just started rattling off stories. After a while, we quit telling stories and went to sleep.
When they woke up in the morning, I was still asleep in the tent, and my brother in law was helping them with breakfast. He asked them how sharing a tent with me was when Lilly replied, "uhh? it was good. But Mare wanted to tell SO many stories! I just wanted to go to bed, but she just wanted to keep telling stories!"

You can't win

2 comments:

flexMD said...

you can't get even and you can't get outta the game.

barret said...

totes def!
word- flexMD