15.11.10

Comin up on 1 year

As I approach the land mark of being graduated for one year, I realize not a lot has happened in the last year. I blame it on Post College Crisis, or PCC if you will. It is like a midlife crisis, only I don't have the money to go out and buy a harley, or upgrade the twins, so I invested myself in self wallowing.

PCC. No one tells you about it, no one warns you of it. Your whole life you are told to go to school, go to college. Well you finish college, then what? Get a job. Check. Now what, what do you work for? Go to grad school? I learned how to do the bare minimum to pass, I'm not a student. I feel a little bit like I spent my entire life waiting to get out of jail, but now that I am, I'm lost. Can't I just go back to making license plates and belt buckles?

After a year, I've accepted that it's harder to make friends, it's hard to stay motivated, and it's hard to go to church alone. But I do it, so that the next leg of my life can start

2 comments:

TheCouv said...

Mirium, i'm so proud of you for being so diligent and for being a first class dachsund. i was single for almost 30 years and going to church on the last leg was tough, but crucial to the encounter of my beautiful bride and happiness. Furthermore, you are a wonder! And... this is the first post i've ever made! you're the first. You are... The Mirium

receiver of good fortune said...

I call it the aroud the corner syndrome! Keep doing what you are doing and things always work out. Your the best!